Monday, August 30, 2010

Chico California Photography: A Day of Rest

These last three weeks have been wonderful and exhausting and full! I am so grateful for all of the work: So many beautiful weddings to capture and so many awesome clients to work with! With such a busy schedule, comes a lot of editing -- hours and hours, day and night, are spent in front of my computer.
While I enjoy this, today, our family needed a day off together. Now you should know that I actually really believe in a balanced life -- Weekends and rest are a normal part of our life, but in August, during the peak of my wedding season, I typically work six days a week.
Now Mondays are always our day off -- both of us! Today was an awesome day. We slept in, made a big breakfast with homemade smoothies, took a bike ride, went for a swim, and had a lovely afternoon. I am so thankful for the day of rest. We needed it!
So tomorrow, we are back to work -- and a lot of it. God has blessed us with great jobs, awesome mentors and so much encouragement. We praise Him for all of these things!
And because a post is not quite as good without a photo, here is a photo of my new favorite find: These heels were just too cute to pass up! I have been inspired by all of my brides lately -- a cute pair of shoes does wonders for a woman!


1 comments:

Bethany Fegles Photography said...

Oooo, love the shoes! :) Love you too girly!!

I'm so glad you and Kenny had a day OFF.

Hugs!!!
:) Bethany