Friday, July 9, 2010

Chico California Photographer: My Journey

This post has been a long time coming and explains the heart behind my work.

Photography is breathtaking.
Photography is hard work.
Photography is beautiful and rewarding.
Photography is challenging and requires a great deal of perseverance.
Photography is full of exciting and glorious moments.
Photography is also full of frustrating moments.
Photography is a skill; a skill that cannot be perfected and each day the learning curve grows higher.
Photography has become a part of my life -- It has changed my perspective on nearly everything.
Photography does not define me.
Photography inspires me -- for with each photograph, I see something greater...

There are days when I want to quit. I don't know how many times, I have looked at my husband and said, "I am not any good, and I think I am done!" Yet at the end of the day, I am always stirred to keep pursing this amazing dream because it is about so much more than myself.

The journey that I have been on with this business has been tireless. I have put in countless hours of photographing, editing, creating, studying, learning and running a business. However, It is not just a business, or a form of art, or a skill, or a passion of mine: Photography is a fullfillment of exactly who God made me. And this is why I do what I do.

I serve people. I hear their stories and I capture their moments. And behind these moments lies something even greater. For each time, I look into the eyes of a child or see a love story unfold, it reveals an even bigger story: The magnificent beauty, and love, and creativity of God.

Behind the integrity, effort, joy and even tears that go into my work is an intense desire for you to see God. God is behind the creation of all life here on earth. That is the heart of my work.

So this is what I try my best to do. Will you walk with me? Will you invest in my work? Will you see the breathtaking beauty of a great God? Because in the end, I hope this is what my work showcases to the world.

Photobucket

0 comments: