Thursday, January 6, 2011

Chico California Wedding Photographer: Looking Forward

Well the new year has officially begun and I am back in my, now, clean office. For those of you who follow me on twitter and facebook, you will know that this was a two day project! The only thing left to do is finish organizing all of my paperwork. Which, I will let you know when that is finished :)

I wanted to share my vision for 2011 with all of you. One, because I know writing it on the world wide web will give me much accountability and two, because I really am excited about this year.

I guess you can call them goals, but here are some things to look for in 2011:

I will write a blog post at least four times per week. This will be a discipline for me, something that will take planning and creativity, yet something that I desperately want to accomplish.

Make a conscious decision to take risks. At times, I will most likely fail, but I am growing to appreciate imperfection. This stretches both my resilience and growth as a photographer. Really though -- this is not easy for me. If any of you know me, I am not a risk taker. I am still contemplating whether or not I will ride on the Tower of Terror this coming month when my family goes to Disneyland. I know, crazy huh?

In the next couple months, the look of my blog will be changing ... So exciting!

Limit my work hours at night. This industry can be so consuming, and it is so important for me to be conscious of the time I spend at work. This year, I want to spend more time with the people around me. I am going to work on my domestic skills, so Kenny -- Get excited! Dinners can only go up from here!

I am going to read the following books this year and share my thoughts with you on the blog.
(I know, it is only three books, but that sounds like enough to commit to in writing).
Easy as Pie by Alicia Caine
Seven Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R Covey
The Book on Leadership by John McArthur

Know what I need to do every day that is productive and stay away from the things that are dragging me down. The internet can be a great resource, but it can also discourage us. My Dad is in management and he really has been encouraging me to know what I need to do each day that will enrich this business, and to stay away from the things that are simply ineffective. This is my goal.

Random Personal Goal: Drink more water. My doctor told me this would be very good for me... Less chai tea, more water!

Finally, I just want to serve people wholeheartedly. You can read more about this here...

So that's some of my thoughts. I would love to know what you think.
2011 is going to be full of amazing moments and I hope I can share so many of them with you.
Cheers!

And because I never posted my favorites from 2010, here you go. This one definitely would have made my top ten!
IMG_1262 copy

2 comments:

srosan said...

Love it! Putting your goals out their is very brave and admirable! It inspires me to do the same :)

And if it makes you feel any better I am still cleaning my office...but I must confess I LOVE organizing :)

JoKoons18 said...

Kimberly, I love your new goals! They make me smile, well actually you make me smile! :) You are super amazing, and I can't tell you how much you bless me!
P.S. you are definitely getting some of my granola!
LOVE YOU!! :)