Friday, January 7, 2011

Chico California Wedding Photographer: Why am I a Wedding Photographer?

Last year, in the middle of photographing a wedding, I had a life changing moment.

It was during the mother/son dance of these two below. There was so much life and emotion going on, that I found myself crying right along with these two. I tucked that moment away, knowing that I never wanted to forget.

You see, later that evening and even to this day, I realize that I am witnessing and capturing miracles all the time. I am getting a glimpse into the souls of people -- and it is a gift to me. I am moved as I watch people say I do -- and after this moment, last summer, I will never be the same. I am a wedding photographer because there is nothing greater than the power of Love. If I can capture that, and show that to the world, then I think it will change people -- It changed me.

So, to Jeff and Nancy. There was a powerful moment when you gave your son away to his new bride. As you laid your head on his shoulder, that bittersweet moment was full of love and it changed me. Thank you so much for giving me the honor of capturing that.

IMG_7829 copy
IMG_7842 copy

0 comments: