Friday, January 21, 2011

Chico California Wedding Photographer: An Investment Worthwhile...

Back in 2004, when I was engaged and planning my wedding, I did not prioritize photography. Crazy, huh? You see, I am a very practical person and all I could see in my mind was numbers. No one told me that photography is an investment.

So, what did I do? I hired a friend -- who loved photography and had a great camera. While I am thankful for his hard work on the day of my wedding, he didn't have the experience or equipment that a quality, professional has to offer. To this day, I do not have one portrait from my wedding hanging in my home. Goodness -- and I am a wedding photographer!

I think this is very common for a lot of brides and grooms. Photography simply is misunderstood. It is so easy to just see photographers as another vendor to hire and fit into your budget on a wedding day. Yet, wedding photographers will serve you long after your wedding day. You will always have your photos to remember the glorious moments of that day.

So think about it -- Look at the long term investment that a quality wedding photographer has to offer. Sometimes, brides and grooms are so quick to dismiss a photographer because of the price -- I would say meet with that photographer. See if you truly appreciate their work -- and maybe, be convinced that this vendor is worth investing in. I know money doesn't grow on trees and believe me, I am a very frugal person. Just ask Kenny, I do not like to spend money. The thing is, to this day, I really, really wish that I had spent more money on my wedding photography.

Ok -- hope this encouraged you! Cheers to Friday! And again, to this beautiful couple who I will soon feature their entire wedding on my blog!

IMG_0399-2 copy

1 comments:

Tim and Susan said...

Totally know what you mean...we did the same when we got married on a shoe-string...never really liked our sorta-lame wedding pictures, such a shame. Glad you can bless those bride and grooms with capturing those wonderful memories so beautifully! Always love to stop by and be inspired.
Susan